A Guide to Child Custody Agreements

If you are going through a divorce or separation and there are children involved, obviously, the children’s well-being should be at the forefront of your mind, and in many cases, there is a disagreement between both parents, specifically regarding child custody and visitation rights. Often, the break-up is emotionally charged and, in such cases, it can be difficult for both parents to be happy with child care arrangements, and this requires mediation.

Mediation Services

If, for example, you are looking for family law in Adelaide, an online search would help you to find a local law firm that specialises in family law. The lawyer would mediate with your partner’s lawyer, and with your best interests at heart, they would try to reach a satisfactory outcome for their client. Of course, it is best for everyone concerned if the children’s care can be agreed by both parents, and this is often quite difficult, as each party requires a different outcome. It might be regarding who has custody, or possible that you are not happy about the child visitation that your partner proposes, or it could be that you wish to take the children on holiday abroad, and mediation is the preferred way to reach an agreement, as it does not involve taking the Family Court’s valuable time.

Reaching an Agreement

In the event both parties are in agreement over child custody, support and visitation rights, then the family lawyer can draw up an agreement that will be endorsed by the family court, and neither you or your ex-partner need to attend for court. This is much preferred to taking the matter to court, which is expensive, but if there is no agreement reached, then your lawyer would prepare a case to submit to the family court and would do what they can to secure a favourable outcome for you and the children.

Urgent Court Orders

If you feel that your children’s safety and security is at risk, then you can bypass the mediation process and apply for an urgent court order, which a family lawyer would oversee on your behalf.

If you are in need of financial advice regarding child care, a family lawyer would offer you a free 30-minute consultation when you can discuss the situation, and should you wish to hire their services, the lawyer would be happy to assist you in any way they can.

What is your reaction?

In Love
Not Sure

You may also like

Comments are closed.

More in:Law